Help us to build this page and have the answers you need, when you need them. If you have a question and would like an answer and you think others would want to know, please send it to the village by visiting the Contact Us page.
How do I report a street light that is out?
There are a few different options if you notice a street light out near your home and need to report it:
* Call the village office at 608-924-5881, Mon 12p-6p, Tues & Wed 8a-6p and Thurs 10a-7p
* Email the village at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Email Alliant at email@example.com
* Call Alliant at 1-800-ALLIANT (800-255-4268), from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
Whenever reporting a street light that is out be sure to include the address or intersection. Once reported it can take up to 5 days for the light to be fixed.
What can I put out for clean up days and what are the fees?
Below are the guidelines for what needs to be tagged and the cost. All fees are to be paid at the Village office in advance of the pick-up day. Contact Faherty at 1-800-848-4591 if you have further questions.
- Will take a reasonable amount for clean-up, we try to use 10ft x 4ft x 4ft as the guide for allowable sized piles.
- NO construction or remodeling material
- NO electronics
- NO liquid paint or other banned items.
- Banned items will be tagged to notify the resident that it is a banned item.
Car Tires———————————————————————-$3.00 ea.
Car Tires on rims————————————————————$6.00 ea.
Washer, Dryers, Dishwashers, Stove————————————-$5.00
Water Heaters, Microwaves———————————————-$10.00
Air Conditioners, Refrigerators, Freezers, dehumidifiers————–$15.00
NOTE: No tags are given, a list of items and addresses is sent to Faherty in advance for pickup.
How do I register to vote?
You can either register online here or register in person the day of the election.
Can I be notified when important information is posted on the website?
Yes, you can. Just go to the Subscribe to Updates page and sign up for email and/or text notifications.
When is the fire whistle tested?
The fire whistle is tested monthly. It occurs on the 1st Monday of the month at 12:15 pm.
How do I obtain a burn permit?
To obtain a burn permit you will need to contact an officer on the Fire Department: Joe Thomas, Paul Davis, Tate Rickey, Keith Caulfield, Tim Solberg or Collin Giddings. You can also go to the fire station on the nights of their meetings, which are the 2nd and last Thursday of the month. The meetings begin at 7:00 pm so arrive about 15 minutes prior to the start time.