Applications are now being accepted for the position of full time Deputy Clerk/Election Clerk for the Village of Ridgeway.
General Nature of Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Clerk/Treasurer, Village President and Village Board, this position performs a wide range of routine and difficult to complex administrative functions including, but not limited to election administration, records management, drafting and composing meeting minutes and resolutions. This position will also perform as a backup for the Treasurer functions reporting financial matters to the Finance Committee, servicing the public, and budgeting. The individual is expected to exercise independent judgment and work with minimal supervision; but seek direction, on occasion on substantive matters related to administration of municipal policies, programs, and services. The primary purpose of the Deputy Clerk/Election Clerk is to assist with the enhancement of the administrative functions within the village.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
• Skilled in use of computer, keyboarding, calculator, fax and other office machines.
• Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of SVRS (Statewide Voter Registration System) and complete election administration.
• Ability to prepare and interpret, reports, maps, and charts.
• Ability to interpret state laws, administrative codes and municipal ordinances.
• Skilled in oral and written communication.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working and public relationships with a wide variety of individuals in difficult settings.
• Ability to prepare and maintain accurate records and to prepare a variety of reports as required or
• Must possess excellent time management skills.
A full job description is available upon request.
Resumes and/or applications can be sent to:
Village of Ridgeway
113 Dougherty Ct
Ridgeway, WI 53582
Or left in the drop box located in front of the Village Office.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT RESUMES: NOVEMBER 25, 2019 by 5:00pm.