Due to some construction issues, there will be a temporary water outage affecting Hughitt Street, Wells Street, Dougherty Court, Tallman Court, Cardinal Way, and 99-231 Main Street. Thank you for your patience while upgrades are made.
The Dairyland Dare bike race will be this Saturday, August 7th. The race will not come through the village, but Township roads like CTH H, CTH BB, Hands Hill, and Clay Hill will be used. Please be careful if you are driving on the backroads this weekend. The link below highlights the routes and roads being used:
The Village Office will be closed at 2:30 pm on Thursday, August 5th and at 2:00 pm on Friday, August 6th. Normal office hours will resume on Monday, August 9th.
2021 Infrastructure Improvements Update:
Work completed the week of July 26, 2021:
- Completed water main installation on Hughitt Street.
- Completed water main tie-in on Hughitt/Wells.
- Installed sanitary sewer main on Hughitt Street.
Anticipated work to be completed the week of August 2, 2021:
- Cable companies will be transferring their utilities from the old electric poles to the new electric poles on Monday or Tuesday. After the transfer is complete, Alliant Energy will remove the old utility poles.
- Safe sample and pressure test the new water main on Hughitt Street on Monday and once given the go-ahead contractors will begin installing new water services on Hughitt Street.
- Finish installing the remainder of sanitary sewer main and begin installing sewer laterals on Hughitt Street.
When Hughitt Street items above are complete work will resume on the sanitary sewer mains along Keane Street.
County Highway Construction Update:
CTH HHH – Next week the CTH HHH overpass of USH 18/151 at Ridgeway will be reduced to one lane of traffic for some bridge deck epoxy overlay work. The CTH HHH bridge leading into Ridgeway will be reduced to one lane of traffic using temporary traffic signals. This work will start on Monday August 2nd and may last up to ten days depending on weather. Temporary traffic signals will direct traffic over the bridge, please expect some minor delays for the traffic queues.
USH 18/151 at the CTH BB Interchange – next week the USH 18/151 overpasses of CTH HHH at MM52 interchange will be reduced to one lane of traffic for the epoxy overlay project. The work may take up to ten days depending on weather.
Water may be off for up to two more hours on Hughitt Street, Wells Street, Dougherty Court, Tallman Court, Cardinal Way, and 99-231 Main Street this Thursday, July 29th. Thank you for your patience while we get these water lines upgraded and tied into the system.
Damage to a water line occurred during construction and water was temporarily shutoff while repairs are made. Service will be restored as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience! The planned water outage for main tie-ins will still take place on July 29th.
Water will be shut off on Hughitt Street, Wells Street, Dougherty Court, Tallman Court, Cardinal Way, and 99-231 Main Street on Thursday, July 29th from approximately 8 am to 4 pm while water lines are tied-in. Affected residents will be give a door tag notice.
Completed this week:
- Trenching for water main installation on Hughitt Street.
- Erosion control installed on Keane Street.
- Installed sanitary sewer main and two (2) manholes on Keane Street.
Anticipated schedule for the week of July 26, 2021:
- Continue installing water main on Hughitt Street.
- Anticipate new water main tie-in at Wells/Hughitt on Friday July 30. When a date is confirmed for water shutoff, affected residents will be notified with a door tag.