Due to some construction issues, there will be a temporary water outage affecting Hughitt Street, Wells Street, Dougherty Court, Tallman Court, Cardinal Way, and 99-231 Main Street. Thank you for your patience while upgrades are made.
The Village Office will be closed at 2:30 pm on Thursday, August 5th and at 2:00 pm on Friday, August 6th. Normal office hours will resume on Monday, August 9th.
2021 Infrastructure Improvements Update:
Work completed the week of July 26, 2021:
- Completed water main installation on Hughitt Street.
- Completed water main tie-in on Hughitt/Wells.
- Installed sanitary sewer main on Hughitt Street.
Anticipated work to be completed the week of August 2, 2021:
- Cable companies will be transferring their utilities from the old electric poles to the new electric poles on Monday or Tuesday. After the transfer is complete, Alliant Energy will remove the old utility poles.
- Safe sample and pressure test the new water main on Hughitt Street on Monday and once given the go-ahead contractors will begin installing new water services on Hughitt Street.
- Finish installing the remainder of sanitary sewer main and begin installing sewer laterals on Hughitt Street.
When Hughitt Street items above are complete work will resume on the sanitary sewer mains along Keane Street.
County Highway Construction Update:
CTH HHH – Next week the CTH HHH overpass of USH 18/151 at Ridgeway will be reduced to one lane of traffic for some bridge deck epoxy overlay work. The CTH HHH bridge leading into Ridgeway will be reduced to one lane of traffic using temporary traffic signals. This work will start on Monday August 2nd and may last up to ten days depending on weather. Temporary traffic signals will direct traffic over the bridge, please expect some minor delays for the traffic queues.
USH 18/151 at the CTH BB Interchange – next week the USH 18/151 overpasses of CTH HHH at MM52 interchange will be reduced to one lane of traffic for the epoxy overlay project. The work may take up to ten days depending on weather.
Water will be shut off on Hughitt Street, Wells Street, Dougherty Court, Tallman Court, Cardinal Way, and 99-231 Main Street on Thursday, July 29th from approximately 8 am to 4 pm while water lines are tied-in. Affected residents will be give a door tag notice.
Our drop box is back! The drop box is located on the north side of the community center and can only be accessed from Jarvis Street because the alley is a one-way. The intent is to have residents pull in and drop off without getting out of their vehicles. Thank you to the guys in our public works department for getting it set up!
Work completed the week of July 12, 2021:
- J.I. Construction installed traffic control and erosion control on Hughitt Street.
- J.I. Construction began water main installation on Hughitt Street.
Anticipated work to be completed the week of July 19, 2021:
- Continue water main installation on Hughitt Street.
- Tie-in water main on Hughitt Street and Wells Street on Wednesday. Anticipated water main shut off on Wednesday (7-21-2021) from 8 am to 4 pm. Affected residents will receive a flyer on Monday.
- Water main installation on the west end of Keane Street to begin.
Road construction for Keane street is scheduled to start the week of July 19th. We will notify affected residents when we have more details.
Monday July 12th: 8 am to 4:30 pm
Tuesday July 13th : 8 am to 2:30 pm
Wednesday July 14th: 8 am to 2:00 pm
Thursday July 15th: 8 am to 2:00 pm
Friday July 16th: 8 am to 1:00 pm
Thank you for your understanding while staff attends training events. Email or call the village office with questions and we will return your messages as soon as we are able.