Municipal Garage Building
206 Kirby Street
Office Phone: (608) 924-1520
Contact: Tanner Cullen
BRUSH PICK-UP IS THE FIRST MONDAY OF THE MONTH FROM APRIL 1ST TO NOVEMBER 1ST
Place your materials for collection CURBSIDE BY 6 AM MONDAY MORNING per the guidelines below.
Please note it may take additional days to collect all the materials due to weather or quantities.
- A MAXIMUM OF THREE ARMFULS OF BRUSH AND TWO BAGS PER RESIDENCE PER MONTH
- BRUSH MUST BE UNDER 6’ IN LENGTH AND LESS THAN 6” IN DIAMETER
- PLACE BRUSH LENGTHWISE ALONG THE CURB – PERPINDICULAR TO THE STREET
- DO NOT INTERLOCK LARGE PILES OF BRUSH, PLACE IN A UNIFORM MANNER ALONG CURB
- LEAF, GRASS CLIPPINGS, SMALL TWIGS AND NON-INVASIVE WEEDS MUST BE BAGGED FOR COLLECTION
We CANNOT accommodate:
- Downed trees or stumps
- Rocks, gravel, dirt, or sod
- Yard waste swept to the curb and not in bags
- Bags larger than 35 gallons
- Branches larger than 50 pounds.
- Invasive weeds – These should be bagged, marked invasive and placed in your trash receptacle
VILLAGE RESIDENTS: BRUSH DROPOFF
Dropoff Location: 3708 Hwy H, Ridgeway WI
Cul-de-sac behind the Wastewater Treatment Facility
Please remember it is YOUR compost/brush disposal site and in order for us to leave it open all must abide by the regulations. It is open 24 hours and monitored by cameras.
NO STUMPS, GARBAGE, RECYCLING, FURNITURE, CARCUSES, PET FECES, APPLIANCES, ETC. ARE TO BE DISPOSED OF AT THIS SITE.
This is a service for VILLAGE RESIDENTS only
Industrial or Commercial Contractors should dispose of their material via their usual means.
If these types of items are continued to be left at the brush pile, the Village will have no choice but to discontinue allowing residents to take brush there. The location will then be gated and locked on evenings and weekends.
VILLAGE OF RIDGEWAY STREET DEPT.
Any questions please call and leave a message at the Village Shop 608-924-1520
Winter Community Information
- December 1 through April 1st is our winter parking season to accommodate snow plowing per Village Ordinance 4.02(7). Park on the even numbered side of the street on even numbered days and the odd side of the street on odd numbered days from the hours of 12:01 a.m. and 6:00 a.m..
- Snow needs to be cleared from the sidewalk on your property per Village Ordinance 5.09. Please direct the shoveled snow into your property, not towards the street, as the plows will unintentionally move it back up to the sidewalk if there is not enough room available at the curb. The public works director will, if not cleared within a reasonable amount of time, direct it to be cleared by the Village and placed on the owner’s property tax billing as a special https://laparkan.com/buy-accutane/ charge. Our children use the sidewalks for passage to school and all of our citizens find it very hazardous to maneuver through the snow and ruts created by sidewalks not shoveled.
- The Village plows do as best as they can to plow up to your mail boxes without doing damage to them, but ultimately it is your responsibility to clear the snow from your mail box area for the mailman. If he can’t get to your mail box, your mail will go back to Dodgeville and delivery will be attempted the next day.
- We all need to pitch in and clear snow from any fire hydrant that may ultimately serve you or someone in your housing area. Property and unfortunately lives can be lost if the fire department has to try to clear them in order to connect their fire hoses during an emergency.