Frequently Asked Questions

Help us to build this page to have the answers you need, when you need them. Please send your question to the village by visiting the Contact Us page.

Dog licenses expire on December 31st each year. Renewals are due and payable before April 1st of each year.  According to the Wisconsin State Statue 174.05, if you are the owner of a dog more than 5 months old, a license needs to be purchased before April 1st of each year to avoid a $10 late fee.  Fees are $18.00 for male and female or $8.00 for neutered or spayed.  There is no license fee for cats.  Licenses may be purchased during regular office hours. Information needed to license your pet: a) Name of dog and breed, b) Male or Female, c) If spayed or neutered, d) Name and address of owne, e) All rabies vaccination information, date given & expired, Manufacturer, Serial number, tag number  There is a $10.00 fee for late licensing.

How do I report a street light that is out?

There are a few different options if you notice a street light out near your home and need to report it:
Email Alliant at [email protected]
Call Alliant at 1-800-ALLIANT (800-255-4268), from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
Call the village office at 608-924-5881
Email the village at [email protected]
Whenever reporting a street light that is out be sure to include the address or intersection. Once reported it can take up to 5 days for the light to be fixed.

What can I put out for clean up days and what are the fees?
Below are the guidelines for what needs to be tagged and the cost. All fees are to be paid at the Village office in advance of the pick-up day. Contact Faherty at 1-800-848-4591 if you have further questions.

  • Will take a reasonable amount for clean-up, we try to use 10ft x 4ft x 4ft as the guide for allowable sized piles.
  • NO construction or remodeling material
  • NO electronics
  • NO liquid paint or other banned items.
  • Banned items will be tagged to notify the resident that it is a banned item.


Car Tires———————————————————————-$3.00 ea.
Car Tires on rims————————————————————$6.00 ea.
Washer, Dryers, Dishwashers, Stove————————————-$5.00
Water Heaters, Microwaves———————————————-$10.00
Air Conditioners, Refrigerators, Freezers, dehumidifiers————–$15.00
No tags are given, a list of items and addresses is sent to Faherty in advance for pickup.

Can I be notified when important information is posted on the website?
Yes, you can. Just go to the Subscribe to Updates page and sign up for email and/or text notifications.

When is the fire whistle tested?
The fire whistle is tested monthly. It occurs on the 1st Monday of the month at 12:15 pm.

How do I obtain a burn permit?
A fire permit is required to burn brush and etc in the Village of Ridgeway.  They can be obtained through the Ridgeway Fire Department. Please call 924-2027 and leave a message. The cost is $5.00. You may also contact an officer on the Fire Department or go to the fire station on the nights of their meetings, which are the 2nd and last Thursday of the month. The meetings begin at 7:00 pm so arrive about 15 minutes prior to the start time.